Country: United States Region: .
Latitude: 38° 16' 59" N Longitude: -93° 4' 0" E
Area use / Military Branches: Active
38°17'.00"N 92°56'00"W The United States Air Force (USAF) is the air service branch of the US Armed Forces and is responsible for conducting its core missions as air superiority, global integrated intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, rapid global mobility, global strike, and command and control.
The USAF is composed of the
- Regular Air Force,
- US Air Force Reserve,
- US Air National Guard.
The U.S. Air Force is organized into 9 major commands, which conduct the majority of the service's organize, train, and equip functions and command forces attached to the combatant commands.
- Air Combat Command (ACC): Provides fighter, attack, intelligence, cyber, combat rescue, and air force ground forces
- Air Education and Training Command (AETC): Recruits, educates, and trains airmen and develops Air Force doctrine
- Air Force Global Strike Command (GSC): Operates USAF strategic bomber and ICBM forces
- Air Force Materiel Command (AMC): Develops, maintains, and acquires systems and materiel.
- Air Force Reserve Command (AFRES): Manages Air Force reserve forces.
- Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC): Conducts specops with aviation and Special Tactics Commandos as USSOCOM's joint air component.
- Air Mobility Command (AMC): Conducts airlift and air refueling ops as US Transportation Command's joint air component.
- Pacific Air Forces (PACAF): Conducts air ops as US Indo-Pacific Commands joint force air component.
- United States Air Forces in Europe - Air Forces Africa (USAFE -USAFA): Conducts air ops as US European Command's and US Africa Command's joint force air component.
Search for 2. AIR / ALL / general info about the USAF