USFJ / Misawa airbase http://www.misawa.af.mil/ is a combined, joint service installation in the western Pacific hosting US forces as well as units of the Japanese Self-Defense Forces.
- 35th Fighter (host) wing operating 2 fighter (F-16) squadrons
- US SIGnal INTelligence facility at grid 40° 43' 19" N 141° 19' 33" E One of the worldwide stations in the NSA/Echelon network. The facility is being operated by US joint forces personnel stationed on nearby Misawa airbase
- Commander, Patrol and Reconnaissance Force 7th Fleet
- Naval Air Facility Misawa and rotational detachments of P-8 Poseidon and EP-3 Aries aircraft on 6-month deployment
- Aircraft Intermediate maintenance Dept Misawa
Japanese Air Self-Defense Forces:
Misawa airbse is one of the 2 Main Operating Bases in the Northern Area
- Northern Air Defense Force / 3rd Air Wing / 3rd TFS (F-2A/B, T-4)
- Provisional F-35A Sq (F-35A/T-4)
- SDF Hospital
- AEW Surveillance Group / 601st Sq (E-2C )
- 6 Air Defence Missile Grp HQ and (Patriot PAC3) Firing units 21 and 22
A Patriot Fire Unit protects an area of several tens of kms in radius. It is mobile and deployed according to the situation.
It consists of an Engagement Control Station, a Radar Set, an Antenna Mast Group, a Power Plant and 5 launchers with 4 missiles per launcher