Country: Japan Region: Honshu
Latitude: 38° 14' 8" N Longitude: 140° 55' 22" E
Area use / Military Branches: Active
38°15'45"N 140°55'4"E Camp Sendai.
- Hq North Eastern Army http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/JGSDF_North_Eastern_Army.svg
One of 5 active Armies of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force. Responsible for the defense of the Tōhoku region.
- North Eastern Army
- North Eastern Army Combined (Training) Brigade,
- North Eastern Army Artillery Unit,
- 130th Artillery Battalion, (M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System)
- North Eastern Army Signal Group,
- North Eastern Army Logistic Support,
- North Eastern Army Finance Service,
- North Eastern Army Command Post Training Support,
- North Eastern Army Military Intelligence, in Sendai
- North Eastern Army Band,
- North Eastern Army Medical Service,
- Tōhoku Logistic Depot,
- 6th Division,responsible for the defense of Fukushima, Miyagi and Yamagata prefectures.
- 9th Division.responsible for the defense of Akita, Aomori and Iwate prefectures.
- 2nd Engineer Brigade,
- 4th Surface-to-Surface Missile Regiment, (type 88 Surface-to-Ship Missile)
- 5th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Group, (MIM-23 Hawk)
38°14'8."N 140°55'23"E Kasuminome Army Aviation base
- Hq Northeastern Region Aviation Group http://www.mod.go.jp/gsdf/neae/neaavn/
- Hq Flt (OH-6D) and 1st Flt/2nd Flt (UH-1J),
Search for GRND Sendai