32°44'39"N 96°57'40"W Former Naval Air Station Dallas a.k.a.Hensley Field a.k.a.Grand Prairie Forces Reserve Complex was decommissioned as a naval air station in December 1998 pursuant to BRAC.
All aircraft-related facilities (runway, hangars, etc.) are being used by the Texas Air National Guard. Half of the non-aircraft related facilities is being used by the USAr Reserve and a small area to the USMC Reserve.
Vought Aircraft Industries also operates a government-owned, contractor-operated plant on the premises as well as the Federal Bureau of Prisons..
- 254th Combat Communications Group http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/254th_Combat_Communications_Group.PNG/200px-254th_Combat_Communications_Group.PNG
providing expeditionary comms for initial reception of forces by deploying a base cyber infrastructure across the full spectrum of operations.
-- 221st Combat Comms Sq http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/221st_Combat_Communications_Squadron.PNG
deploys, operates and sustains Command, Control, Communications and Computer systems (C4) and support capabilities for Air Force and Joint military ops under bare-base conditions
- 176th Engineer Brigade
- 156th Brigade Engineer Battalion, HHC and 2 companies
- 2d General Support Aviation Battalion, 149th Aviation Regiment, D company
- 124th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Squadron C Troop
- 142nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Battalion 1 company
- 300th Sustainment Brigade
- 80th Command Army Reserve (Institutional Training)
- 7th Battalion, 95th Regiment
- 14th Battalion, 95th Regiment
- 2nd Battalion, 354th Regiment
- 12th Battalion Army Reserve Career Division
- 607th MP Battalion
-- 425th MP Detachment
- 350th Human Resources Company
- 721st Engineer Company
-- 451 Engineer Detachment
- 223rd Ordnance Company
- 107th Chaplain Detachment
- 490th Civil Affairs Battalion
- 1st Judge Advocate General Detachment (3 teams)
- 206th Public Affairs Detachment
- 15th Quartermaster Detachment
- 2nd Battalion 14th Marines