3°10'32"N 101°43'40"E Kuala Lumpur. Joint Forces HQ The operational level command. The Malaysian Armed Forces http://www.mafhq.mil.my/index.php/en/ (MAF, or Angkatan Tentera Malaysia-ATM) strength is appx 110,000 active duty personnel and 310,000 reserves and 15.000 paramilitary personnel. No conscripts. Minimum age for voluntary service 18 years. The Malaysian armed forces are consisting of Combat Elements ; Combat Support Elements ; Service Elements and Independent Formations in the:
Army (Tentera Darat Malaysia-TDM) http://army.mod.gov.my/index.php/ms/
- 5 Divisions. 2nd, 3rd and 4th Div based on the Malaysian peninsula,
- 1st and 5th Div based on Malaysian Borneo.
- Special Forces, 10th Parachute Brigade and Army Aviation are independent formations directly subordinated to the Chief of the Army.
The Malaysian Army regiments are grouped into 3 components: Combat , Combat Support and Support.
Navy (Tentera Laut Diraja Malaysia-TLDM) http://www.navy.mil.my/
- Naval HQ in Lumut, Perak with
- Western Cmd; Eastern Cmd; Training Cmd; Submarine Cmd; Special Force Cmd and Operational Fleet HQ
The naval bases are spread out over the country
Air Force (Tentera Udara Diraja Malaysia-TUDM) http://www.airforce.mil.my/
- Joint Hq
- 1, 2 and Training Divisions and an Air Force Regiment
Its airbases are spread out over the country