Country: United Kingdom Region: Lincolnshire
Latitude: 53° 5' 49" N Longitude: -1° 33' 50" E
Area use / Military Branches: Active
53° 5'50"N 0°26'10"W RAF Digby was originally called RAF Scopwick and established 1918. During WW2 Digby became a Royal Canadian Air Force Station operating Mosquito aircraft. Following a brief period as a technical training unit, the role of the station changed again.
In 1955 No. 399 Signals Unit arrived, later joined by 591 Signals Unit and the Aerial Erectors School.
In 1998 No. 399 Signals Unit reroled as Joint Service Signal Unit, reflecting not only its tri-service environment, but also its bi-national one with members of all three US forces serving alongside RAF, Army and Royal Navy personnel.
Current Joint Service Signals Organisation (JSSO) conducts research into communications systems and techniques to provide ops support to static and deployed units. JSSO is under the command of a Group Captain with appx 1,600 staff drawn from all services
Search for 2.RAF JSSO Digby