Country: United Kingdom Region: Cyprus SBA
Latitude: 34° 59' 49" N Longitude: 33° 44' 34" E
Area use / Military Branches: Active
2 Sovereign Base Areas (SBA's) RAF Akrotiri and Army Dhekelia are legal real estate remaining as British sovereign territory and under British jurisdiction.
- Dhekelia has sporting and recreational facilities with emphasis on water sports. It is village centre with shops, banks, NAAFI, post office, travel agents, medical/dental centre and welfare services available.
The British Army in Cyprus works to a tri-service HQ and is tasked with protecting both SBA's and associated retained sites.
Army presence includes 2 resident infantry units and a variety of supporting units located in both SBA's.
- 2nd Batn Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment
- Joint Service Signals Unit at Ayios Nikolaos,
- 62 Cyprus Support Sqn Royal Engineers
- 16 Flight Army Air Corps flying Gazelle helicopters at Dhekelia.
Search for Army-Dhekelia garrison