Locale: Moscow Military Destrict
Latitude: 55° 36' 35" N Longitude: 36° 38' 25" E
Area use / Military Branches: ACTIVE
Kubinka airbase (UUMB) Moscow district with many units stationed in past and present.
Most units at Kubinka are now subordinate to the Special Purpose Command (airshow display teams) of the Russian Air Force.
- 237th Centre for Display of Aviation Equipment (237 TsPAT) flying MiG-29E, Su-17C, Su-24, Su-25 and Su-27 in the 1990s
- 234th Guards Instructional Interceptor Aviation Regiment (234 Gv IIAP) flying MiG-23MLD and MiG-29 aircraft.
- 378th Independent Composite Aviation Squadron (378 OSAE) flying Mi-8 helicopters.
- 29 Gv IAP (during the 1950s).
- 9th Fighter Aviation Division (1950s-1990s)
- 32nd Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment was based at Kubinka from 1950-1962, then reformed at the base after being deployed to Cuba. The regiment initially flew MiG-19s and switched to MiG-21Fs 1963 and the regiment was still in place in the late 1980s until disbandment in 1989.
Search for 3.AIR Kubinka / Staryy Gorodok