Colorado Springs, Colorado 38°49'22"N 104°42'20"W Peterson airbase; Colorado Springs, CO http://www.peterson.spaceforce.mil/
The base forms together with nearby Schriever airbase the Peterson-Schriever garrison. Peterson is basing 2 of the Unified Combatant Commands each with a geographic or functional mission providing command and control of military forces under all circumstances in peace and at war.
- 21st Space Wing (host)
- Hq North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). A combined US-Canadian organisation providing aerospace warning, air sovereignty, and protection for Northern America.
AFReserve Cmd / 302 Airlift Wing operating C-130H
CO Air National Guard / 200 Airlift Squadron operating C-21A Learjet
US Army Space & Missile Defense Command / 1st Space Brigade
Hq US Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) http://www.northcom.mil/
conducts operations deterring, preventing and defeating threats and aggression against teh USA, its territories and interests within its area of responsibility and provides military assistance to non-military authorities. NORTHCOM is a 4 star Army general command
NORTHCOM subordinate components:
- Special Operations Command-North as of 2012
- Alaskan Command, as of 2014
- US Fifth Army/ARNORTH,
- 1st Air Force/AFNORTH, USAF/NAVNORTH,
- USMC Forces Reserve/MARFORNORTH.
- Joint Hq National Capital Region, Joint Task Force-Civil Support, and Joint Task Force North.
Hq US Space Command (USSPACECOM) http://www.spacecom.mil/
is the 11th and newest unified combatant command.responsible for all space related missions. It is also a 4 star Army general command.
- Space Operations Command (SpOC), a field command of the United States Space Force tasked with Space, Cyber and ISR operations.
-- Space Training and Readiness Delta Provisional (training & readiness)
-- Space Delta 2 (Space domain awareness)
-- Space Delta 3 (Space electronic warfare)
-- Space Delta 7 (Intel, Surveillance & Recon)