Country: United Kingdom Region: Norfolk
Latitude: 52° 28' 45" N Longitude: 0° 31' 12" E
Area use / Military Branches: Active
RAF Feltwell. 52°28'46"N 0°31'2"E Former WW2 bomberbase.
Post war RAF Thor Missiles were stationed 1958-1963.
After departure of the Thor missiles in 1963, the RAF's Officer Cadet Training Unit was based on the station.
Between 1989-2003 it hosted the USAF's 5th Space Surveillance Squadron (5 SPSS) a subordinate unit of USAF 21st Ops Group (21 OG) and 21st Space Wing (21 SW), 5 SPSS was part of USAF's Passive Space Surveillance Network tracking the physical location of emitting satellites in orbit.
Currently RAF Feltwell is hosting
- USAF 18th Intelligence Sq http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/18th_Intelligence_Squadron.PNG Detachment 4; a USAF space control intelligence organization located at Wright-Patterson Airbase, Ohio with other geographically separated detachments.
- USAF Airman Leadership School for USAF personnel in the UK
- US Army and Air Force Exchange Service's
- the Middle School for Lakenheath and Mildenhall.
- housing estate for USAF personnel stationed at RAF Mildenhall
Search for 1.RAF / US / Feltwell