Country: United States Region: Colorado
Latitude: 38° 49' 14" N Longitude: -105° 17' 42" E
Area use / Military Branches: ACTIVE
38°49'37"N 104°42'26"W Peterson airbase, Colorado Springs CO. http://www.peterson.spaceforce.mil/
Former WW2 air support base; later the facility conducted Army Air Force training and supported Cold War air defense centers at nearby Ent Airbase, Chidlaw Building and Cheyenne Mountain. It is the USAF part of Colorado Springs joint mil/civ airfield.
Currently Peterson airbase is hosting;
- Space Operations Command (SpOC), a field command of the United States Space Force tasked with Space, Cyber and ISR operations.
-- Space Training and Readiness Delta Provisional (training & readiness)
-- Space Delta 2 (Space domain awareness)
-- Space Delta 3 (Space electronic warfare)
-- Space Delta 7 (Intel, Surveillance & Recon)
- Peterson-Schriever Garrison with 21st Medical and Mission Support Groups
- Hq North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). A combined US-Canadian organisation providing aerospace warning, air sovereignty, and protection for Northern America.
- AFRC 302 Airlift Wing operating C-130H
- CO ANG 200 Airlift Squadron operating C-21A Learjet
- US Army Space & Missile Defense Command / 1st Space Brigade
The airbase is also hosting one of the US Unified Combating Commands
- Hq US Northern Command (SEE: 1. USNORTHCOM / Peterson airbase)
Search for 1. USSPACECOM / Peterson airbase