Country: South Africa
Latitude: 34° 11' 31" S Longitude: 18° 26' 26" E
Area use / Military Branches: Active
Simonstown naval seaport/base is the only remaining full Naval Base in the SA Navy http://www.navy.mil.za/
- Fleet Command http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5a/Emblem_of_the_South_African_Navy.svg controls all vessels and units of the South African Navy.
- Institute for maritime medicine
- Naval environmental services
- Navy Signal School 34°11'53"S 18°25'33"E
- Maritime Warfare Trainingcentre 34°11'53"S 18°26'57"E
- NBCD Training facility 34°10'23"S 18°25'12"E
- Naval Ammo Depot 34°12'44"S 18°25'53"E
All combat units have been concentrated here in an attempt to curb costs.
The base also hosts training facilities for the frigates and submarines, and a naval dockyard
Search for SEA Simonstown