Locale: Rio de Janeiro
Latitude: 22° 53' 44" S Longitude: -44° 49' 33" E
Area use / Military Branches: Naval Infantry Cmd
Naval base Ilha das Cobras at Rio de Janeireo. This harbour facility hosts the Central Navy Command and the Central Naval Infantry Command.
The Braziliian Naval Infantry is an integral part of the Navy and consists of appx 15.000 volunteers. All professionals in combat on land, air and sea.
Mission: to guarantee projection of the naval power on land, by means of landings from ships and helicopters.
The ranks are naval instead of army, with the exception of privates, who are called soldados.
- Comando da Divisão Anfíbia (Amphibious Cmd)
- Comando da Tropa de Reforço (Reinforcements Cmd)
- Comando da Tropa de Desembarque (Landing AssaultTroops)
- Batalhão de Operações Especiais de Fuzileiros Navais (SpecOps Batn)
- Fuzileiros Navais do Rio (Riverine Naval Infantry)
NavalInf patch http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Marine_Corps#mediaviewer/File:Brasao_Fuzileiros.jpg
Search for Nav Ilha das Cobras