Country: United States Region: Colorado
Latitude: 39° 35' 30" N Longitude: -105° 9' 35" E
Area use / Military Branches: ACTIVE
Centennial (CO) 39°35'30"N 104°50'25"W is the HQ of the Colorado state Army National Guard http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Colorado_Army_National_Guard_seal.png which is composed of appx 4.000 military in these units:
- 169th Field Artillery Brigade http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/169th_Fires_Brigade_SSI.png with
-- HHB; 1 HIMARS battalion; 1 Supporting battalionan 1 Signal company
- 89 Troop Command with 1 SF battalion and 1 MP battalon with 4 companies
- 2nd Battalion, 135th Aviation Regiment (Buckley airbase) with
-- HHC and 2 companies
- 131 Avionics Maintenance Company
-- 3rd Battalion (Medevac), 140th Aviation Regiment
38°40'42"N 104°45'34"W Butts Army Airfield.
Providing fully integrated fixed base helicopter operations and support for all Army aviation assets assigned to, or training on Fort Carson.
Butts Airfield operations and services include all base and ground ops and flightsimulator ops.
The airfield has an FAA approved instrument approach and also provides UH-60 A/L, Longbow Crew Trainer, Aviation Combined Arms Tactical Trainer and AH-64 Synthetic Flight Training Systems for all Fort Carson aviation units and specific National Guard.
- 117th Space Support Battalion (Colorado Springs) with HHC and 2 companies
- 1st Battalion, 157th Infantry Regiment (Colorado Springs) with HHC and 5 companies
- SpecOps Det Korea (SOD-K) at Buckley airbase
- 168th Regiment, Regional Training Institute (RTI)
- 100th Missile Defense Brigade (Colorado Springs) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/100MissileDefBdeSSI.jpg operating the Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) an anti ballistic missile system
- Colorado ArNG Medical Cmd
- Augmentation Element NORAD-USNORTHCOM
Search for 7.Colorado state ArNG