Country: United States Region: Ohio
Latitude: 39° 49' 23" N Longitude: -85° 57' 2" E
Area use / Military Branches: ACTIVE
39°49'56"N 84° 2'10"W Wright Patterson airbase; Ohio is one of the largest USAF installations http://www.wpafb.af.mil/
Former WW1 and 2 base. In 1946 Army Air Forces Technical Base being renamed Hq Air Force Technical Base in 1947. Redesignated Wright-Patterson AFB in 1948. The base hosted 58th Air Division, with several fighter wings (1955 – 1959); 4043d Strategic Wing, (1959 – 1963) and 17th Bombardment Wing, (1963 – 1975).
- 88th Air Base Wing (host) operates the base, maintains all infra and provides all general base services.
- AFRC / 445th Airlift Wing operating C-17 Globemaster III's
-- 445 Maintenance Group with 2 squadrons; 445 Ops Group with 3 squadrons; 445 Mission Suppt Group with 5 squadrons and
-- Aerospace Medicine Squadron and Aeromedical Staging Squadron
- AFRC / 655th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Wing
- Hq Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) responsible for installation and mission support, discovery and development, test & evaluation, life cycle management services and sustainment for every major Air Force weapon system with subordinates:
-- Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) charged with life cycle management of Air Force weapon systems
-- Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
-- Air Force Installation Contracting Center (AFICC)
-- Air Force Institute of Tachnology (AFIT)
- DoD / National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) for the foreign air and space threat analysis
- National Museum of the United States Air Force
- Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton. A major DoD medical research command and the home of the Naval Aerospace Medical Research Laboratory and the Environmental Health Effects Laboratory.
- WP Medical Clinic
Search for 2. AIR / AFMC / Wright Patterson airbase