Country: United States Region: Colorado
Latitude: 39° 42' 56" N Longitude: -105° 14' 16" E
Area use / Military Branches: ACTIVE
39°42'23"N 104°45'34"W US Space Force Buckley airnbase Colorado http://www.buckley.spaceforce.mil/
The base supports air operations, space-based missile warning capabilities, space surveillance operations, space communications operations and installation support functions. The base serves Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve and retired personnel.
- USSF / Space Delta 4. Space (DEL 4) responsible for providing strategic and theater missile warning to the US and its international partners. It operates 3 constellations of Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) satellites and 2 types of Ground-Based Radars (GBRs).
Structure (Buckley based):
-- Ops Support Squadron. Training, certification and crew management
-- Detachment 1. Military Communications Det.
-- 2 Space Warning Squadron. Missile warning & defence. Controlling Defense Support Program and Space Based Infrared System
-- 11 Space Warning Squadron. Missile warning & defence. Controlling Defense Support Program and Space Based Infrared System
-- RAF Fylingdales. EW with AN/FPS-132 Upgraded Early Warning Radar (UK)
-- 13 Space Warning Squadron. EW AN/FPS-132 Upgraded Early Warning Radar (Clear air station) and AN/FPS-108 Cobra Dane Radar (Eareckson air station)
-- 12 Space Warning Squadron. EW AN/FPS-132 Upgraded Early Warning Radar (Thule airbase Greenland)
-- 10 Space Warning Squadron. AN/FPQ-16 Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (Cavalier air station)
-- 7 Space Warning Squadron. EW AN/FPS-132 Upgraded Early Warning Radar (Beale airbase)
-- 6 Space Warning Squadron. EW AN/FPS-132 Upgraded Early Warning Radar (Cape Cod air station)
- 140th Wing ANG http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/140th_Wing.png (39°42'46"N 104°46'0"W) operating F-16C/D's in both air-air / air-ground role.
- Air Reserve Personnel Center (ARPC),
- Aerospace Data Facility-Colorado http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/Aerospace_Data_Facility-Colorado.PNG Responsible for the command and control of reconnaissance satellites involved in the collection of intelligence information and for the dissemination of that intelligence to other US agencies. The National Security Agency (NSA) Central Security Service (CSS) Colorado Cryptologic Center (CCC) is co-located with ADF-C
- Naval Operational Support Center, Denver
- Army Aviation Support Facility
Search for 6. USSF / Buckley airbase