Country: United Kingdom Region: Northumberland
Latitude: 55° 25' 15" N Longitude: -2° 23' 58" E
Area use / Military Branches: Active
RAF http://www.raf.mod.uk/ Boulmer a former WW2 decoy and training airfield. Reconstructed as an Air Defence Control Centre.
In 1953 the station re-opened as 500 Signals Unit. After completion of the underground operations facility in 1954, RAF Boulmer became an independent unit and is now the UK's Air Surveillance and Control System (ASACS) homebase.and one of the key RAF components.
The base is split into 2 separate locations: the base camp at grid 55°25'18"N 1°36'5"W hosting
- School of Aerospace Battle Management (SABM)
- ASACS Business Management Team
- Support WIng
- ASACS Engineering & Logistics Sq
RAF Boulmer Tactical site is nearby at grid 55°24'24"N 1°37'23"W
This is the operational site of RAF Boulmer hosting
- Battle Management Operations controlling all UK Air Defence ops
- Control & Reporting Centre. This is the e actual monitoring and air policing section using ground-based military and civilian radars in the UK to monitor, detect and identify all aircraft in and around UK airspace - 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Battle Management School
Search for 1.RAF Boulmer