Country: Australia Region: VIC
Latitude: 37° 51' 38" S Longitude: 144° 44' 49" E
Area use / Military Branches: Airbase
RAAF Base Williams comprises two bases.
- Laverton, 20kms south-west of Melbourne
- Point Cook on Port Phillip Bay.
Point Cook was the birthplace of the Air Force and oldest continually-operating military airfield in the world and Laverton was the Air Force's third base since 1925, just after RAAF Base Richmond outside Sydney. The RAAF Museum is housed at Point Cook and the Air Force Band works from Laverton.
- Air Force Training Group RAAF College
- East Sale ADF School of Languages
- Defence International Training Centre (cultural and military familiarization training for foreign military personnel training in Australia)
- No 21 (City of Melbourne) Sqn - base operations
- No 1 Security Force Sqn Det Williams
- RAAF Museum
- Air Force Band
Search for AIr Force Williams (Laverton)