Country: United States Region: .
Latitude: 35° 30' 0" N Longitude: -106° 35' 59" E
Area use / Military Branches: Active
General information about the US Army (USAr) structure.
The US Army is composed of the Regular Army; the current active ground component; the US Army Reserve and the US Army National Guard.
US Army is organized into 4 Army Commands, which conduct the majority of the service's organize, train, and equip functions,
- USAr Forces Command (FORSCOM), Provides Army forces to combatant commanders.
- USAr Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC): Recruits, trains, and educates soldiers and develops Army doctrine.
- USAr Materiel Command (AMC): Develops, maintains, and acquires systems and materiel.
- USAr Futures Command (AFC): Surveying modernization and future systems development.
The Army Commands are organized into 10 Army Service Component Ccommands, which command forces attached to the combatant commands,
- United States Army Central (ARCENT) / 3d Army
- United States Army Europe and Africa (USAREUR-AF) / 7th Army
- United States Army North (ARNORTH ) / 5th Army
- United States Army Pacific (USARPAC)
- United States Army South (ARSOUTH) / 6th Army
- Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command
- United States Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER)
- United States Army Space and Missile Defense Command/United States Army Strategic Command (USASMDC/ARSTRAT)
- United States Army Special Operations Command (USASOC)
- Force Hq South Korea / 8th Army
Furthermore there are 12 direct reporting units.
Search for 3. ARMY / All general info about the US Army