Panama City, Florida. Tyndall airbase.
Established 1941 as a gunnery range. Converted into an airbase in 1947 and subsequently under Air Training Cmd (1950-1957), Air Defence Cmd (1957-1979) and Tac Air Cmd (1980-1991). Nowadays Tyndall is a base under Air Combat Command
- 325th Fighter WIng http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/325th_Fighter_Wing.png
is the base host wing providing air dominance training operating F-22 Raptors http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/F-22_AIM-120.jpg
- 44 Fighter Grp (AFRES) an associate unit of 325 FW and, if mobilized,operationally-gained by the Air Combat Command.
- HQ Detachment 1 Florida Air National Guard providing instructor pilot augmentation to 325 FW and is the premier Air National Guard (ANG) fighter associate unit, training active duty USAF, AFRES and ANG personnel
- 53 Weapons Evaluation Grp (53 WEG), an ACC tenant managing offshore weapons ranges over the eastern Gulf of Mexico (EGOMEX) and target drone programs ranging from sub-scale target drones to a fleet of older types of aircraft.
- HQ 1st Air Force http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/1st_Air_Force.png
1 AF is responsible for ensuring the air sovereignty and air defense of the continental US, US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. As the Continental United States Region (CONR) for the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), 1st AF provides air defense through air surveillance and airspace control. 1 AF is controlling:
-- 601st Air and Space Operations Center and Air Force Rescue Coordination Center (Tyndall)
-- Eastern Air Defense Sector, Rome, New York
-- Western Air Defense Sector, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington
-- Civil Air Patrol, USAF, Maxwell airbase, Alabama