Country: United States Region: Mississippi
Latitude: 31° 11' 30" N Longitude: -90° 47' 29" E
Area use / Military Branches: SEE 7.Mississippi ArNG
31°11'30"N 89°12'31"W Camp Shelby.
This Joint Forces Training Center is the largest reserve component training site, covering 136,000 acres allowing up to battalion-level maneuver training, Gunnery Table 8-12, field artillery firing points and a wide range of support facilities. This is the normal Annual Training location for National Guard and Reserve units located in Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee.
- 154th Regiment (Regional Training Institute) http://ms.ng.mil/aboutus/units/jfh/154rti/PublishingImages/Pages/default/ARNG-Schools-SSI.gif
- 1st Battalion (Armor training)
- 2nd Battalion (Infantry training)
- 3rd Non Commissioned Officers Academy
- 4th Battalion (Medical training)
- Special Operations Detachment South (SOD-S) http://ms.ng.mil/history/heraldry/PublishingImages/66/SocSouthSSI.gif SOD-S military have a tough demanding mission. The detachment is comprised of a wide range of skill sets and focuses training in their respective staff functions and as well as a command and control element for a Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force or a Theatre Special Operations Command (TSOC).
Search for Camp Shelby