Country: United States Region: Overseas
Latitude: 54° 28' 44" N Longitude: 17° 6' 27" E
Area use / Military Branches: ACTIVE
Former Słupsk-Redzikowo airbase.ICAO: EPSK was deactivated in the 1990s
However reactivated again to host US and NATO forces operating the SM-3 ballistic missile interceptors against possible missile attacks from the middle east region.
Due to reassessment of the threat from Iran, Washington announced a new scheme for a more flexible system, with a combination of land- and sea-based interceptors based on the US Navy Aegis Standard Missile interceptor, SM-3. Under this plan, the US operates ship-based SM-3s in the North and Mediterranean seas and land-based SM-3s in Poland, Romania and Turkey by 2018
Current: US Naval Support Facility Redzikowo
NATO BMD build-up:
- Turkey hosts a US BMD radar at Kürecik;
- Romania hosts an Aegis Ashore site at Deveselu Airbase
- Germany hosts the command centre at Ramstein Airbase;
- Poland hosts another Aegis Ashore site at Redzikowo military base;
- Additionally, NATO may deploy multi-mission BMD-capable frigates worldwide.
Search for 4. NAV / NSF / Redzikowo-Poland