Latitude: 5° 36' 9" N Longitude: -1° 50' 8" E
Area use / Military Branches: Joint mil/civ airfield
Accra airfield, mil part of Kotoka Intl Airpt. ICAO: DGAA
Accra airfield activted after the RAF took over the administration from the Indian and Israeli Air Force officers at the beginning of 1961.
The station was housed at hangar 3 with hardly any aircraft.
The unit had 4 sub-units, the Admin Wing, Flying Wing, Tech Wing and Equipm Wing and a School of Technical Training was also located here.
The Ghanese airforce has these aircraft in service; some are grounded because a lack of spareparts or by poor maintenance!
- Aermachi MB339 trainers (4x): all grounded
- Aero L39 strike (2x); all grounded
- Cessna 172 utility (3x)
- Diamond DA42 patrol (3x)
- Falcon 900 presidential aircr (1x)
- Fokker F28 presidential aircr (1x)
- CASA 295 utility (2x)
- Mil 17 Hip utility helo (5x)
- Aerospatiale Alouette 3 utility helo (2x)
- Bell 412 utility helo (1x)
Search for Accra airfield- Kotoka Intl