Country: Canada Region: Newfoundland
Latitude: 48° 56' 39" N Longitude: -55° 25' 18" E
Area use / Military Branches: Active
CFB Gander - Military part of Gander Intl. Airpt.
- CAF 9 Wing responsible for providing SAR services throughout Newfoundland, Labrador and northeastern Quebec.
- 103 SAR Sq operating CH-149 Cormorant
- 91 Construction Engineering Flight
- 9 Air Reserve Flight
- Air Reserve Flight Torbay provides service & suppt to CAF and NATO aircraft and crews transiting through St. John’s International Airport
- CF Coastal Radar on behalf of Fighter Group Canadian NORAD Region Hq.
- CF Recruiting Centre Detachment
- 5th Canadian Ranger Patrol Group. Responsible for the area of Newfoundland / Labrador and reporting to the 5th Canadian Division
- CFS Leitrim Detachment operateing/maintaining THE AN/FRD-10 signals intelligence facility at grid 48°57'3"N 54°31'26"W (See CFS Leitrim).
Search for CFB Gander