Country: United States Region: Alaska
Locale: Delta junction
Latitude: 63° 51' 48" N Longitude: -146° 26' 49" E
Area use / Military Branches: ACTIVE
63°51'49"N 145°33'11"W US Army Fort Greely http://www.greely.army.mil/ is located appx 100 mi SE of Fairbanks, Alaska and it is a USAr launch site for anti-ballistic missiles
Historical: Activated in 1942 as Big Delta Army Air Field. Renamed Allen Army Airfield and after WW2 Fort Greely was built south of the airfield. As of 1962
USAr Test and Evaluation Command (TECOM) and later renamed Arctic Test Center. Expanded absorbing Research & Development Office, Alaska, Technical Services Test Activity and General Equipment Test Branch, (all at Fort Wainwright) and Chemical Corps Test Activity at Fort Greely. In 1976 again renamed tUSAr Cold Region Test Center. As of 2002 a missile defense facility has been installed deploying appx 50 anti-ballistic missiles by 2010 and Missile Defense Command took command of Fort Greely, relinquishing direct Army control.
- Ballistic missile defense / 49th Missile Defence Btn.
- 59th Signal Network Enterprise Center http://www.greely.army.mil/directorates/imo.aspx
- Alaska National Guard http://akguard.army.mil/sites/akarng/Pages/home.aspx
- Army Corps Engineers http://www.usace.army.mil/
- Cold Region Test Center http://www.crtc.army.mil/
- Msl Defence Agency http://www.mda.mil/
- Space & Msl Defence Command
Search for 6.USAr - Fort Greely