Memmingerberg. Heute https://www.allgaeu-airport.de/
Built in 1938 as a Nazi airbase; after WW2 a refugee camp; a US army training compound and converted into an airbase again from 1955-1958. Base became ops 1959 hosting GE 34th Fighter/bomberwing operating F-84F Thunderstreaks (1959-1963), F-104 Starfighters (1964-1986) and IDS Panavia Tornados (1987-2002).
From 1966-1974 on the base hosted USAF 7261st MUNition Support Sq responsible for maintenance & security of 20x B43 nuclear bombs in a spec ammo storage at grid 47°59'15"N 10°16'43"E and a Quick Reaction Alert at grid 47°58'57"N 0°13'45"E. In 1974 a new SAS was built at grid 47°58'41"N 10°14'11"E and 7261st MUNSS reassigned 605th MUNSS. By then all B43's had been replaced by B61 types. In 2009 declassified USAF docs (fas.org) revealed that in 1974 all B43's were airlifted to Ramstein being replaced by Dummy B61's... 605th MUNSS and the new SAS were only Decoys - earmarked for B61 storage in times of war - but no more real storage from 1975-1995. Confirmed by the last 605th Commanders (LtCol USAF Heaton and Maj Golieri).
After German reunification 605th MUNSS dissolved 1996 and 34th Ftr/Bomberwing dissolved 2001.
Panavia Tornado IDS http://www.combataircraft.com/aircraft/ftornids.aspx
Search for Luftwaffe Memmingerberg