Vandenberg space force base, Lompoc Calif. Former army camp Cooke (1941-1953). Cooke Air Force Base (1956-1958) Renamed Vandenberg Airbase 1959 for ballistic missile testing. Former units 704th Strategic Missile Wing 1957 - 1959. 576 Misslie Sq (MS), 644 MS, 672 MS, 854 MS, 865 MS, 866 MS.
Currently: Vandenberg spaceforce base http://www.vandenberg.spaceforce.mil/
- USSF / Hq Combined Force Space Component Command (CSCC) http://www.vandenberg.spaceforce.mil/Units/CFSCC/ A USled multinational subordinate command under USSF responsible for tactical control and planning global space operations. CSCC includes 4 centers:
-- Combined Space Operations Center (CSpOC) at Vandenberg airbase and (MWC), at Cheyenne Mountain air Station, Colorado; (JOPC), at Buckley airbase, Colorado and (JNWC), at Kirtland airbase, New Mexico
- USSF / Space Delta 5. Responsible for preparing, presenting, and fighting assigned and attached forces to conduct operational-level command and control (C2). It provides the majority of the forces and the structure for the Combined Space Operations Center.
- USSF / 30 Space Wing (SW) responsible for all space launch ops from the west coast, The 30th SW also supports test and evaluation launches of the USAF ICBM force with 30 Ops Grp: 30 Mission Suppt Grp: 381st Training Group
- 576th Flight Test Sq. USAF's only ICBM test squadron executing tests that accurately measure current and future capability of the ICBM force.
- 21st Space Operations Sq (Vandenberg detachment); operates the Ellison Onizuka Satellite Operations Facility (EOSOF) at Vandenberg the Global Positioning System Alternate Master Control Station and an AFSCN Remote Tracking Station (SEE: 6.Air Force Space Cmd - Schriever airbase for more GPS information).
-- Small supprting units: Civil Air Patrol; Area Defense Counsel and AFOSI
Active launch sites:
- 34°45′19″N 120°37′20″W / Space Launch Center 2W (1959 present)
- 34°38′25″N 120°35′23″W / SLC 3E (1961 present)
- 34°37′55″N 120°36′36″W / SLC 4E (1964 present)
- 34°34′52″N 120°37′39″W / SLC 6 (1995 present)
- 34°34′34″N 120°37′56″W / SLC 8 (2000 present)
- 34°44′22″N 120°37′08″W / LC 576 E (1962 1964; 1998 present)
- 34°50′46″N 120°34′52″W / LF-03 (former 394-A2) 394-A2 (1963), LF-03 (1964 present)
- 34°51′32″N 120°36′24″W / LF-04 (former 394-A3) 394-A3 (1962 1963), LF-04 (1964 present)
- 34°51′39″N 120°35′00″W / LCC-01 (former LF-10)
- 34°51′39″N 120°35′44″W / LF-21 (1965-present)
- 34°48′15″N 120°35′20″W / TP-83 (1983-present)
Search for 2. USSF / Vandenberg spaceforce base