US Army Fort Campbell including Campbell Army AirField http://home.army.mil/campbell/index.php is a multi unit garrison located almost on the Kentucky/Tennesse stateline.It is an important training and development center for US Army Air Assault Ops.
WW2 army base. In 1950 renamed Fort Campbell and since then home to various US Army units.From 1950 to 1962 the post operated the Airborne Course. In 1956 becoming home to 101 Airborne Division.
Due South of Ft Campbell at grid 36°36'26"N, 87°28'34"W is the former US nuclear WSA Clarcksville base (ops 1949-1965)
Currently Ft Campbell is home to::
- 101 Airborne Division (Air Assault)
- 5 Special Forces Group (Airborne) with 52 Ord Grp (EOD)
- 160 Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne)
- Air Assault School
- 19 Air Support Ops Squadron and 18 Weather Squadron
- 531 Hospital Center
- 502 and 716 MP battalions
- 902 Mil Intel Grp
- NCO Academy
- Spec Ops Recruiting battalion
Search for 3. ARMY / Fort Campbell