Country: Israel Region: Central
Locale: Beit El'Azari
Latitude: 31° 49' 59" N Longitude: 34° 49' 59" E
Area use / Military Branches: IAF airbase
IAF airbase Tel Nof or Tel Nov.
One of the most important IAF airbases; built during the British mandate as RAF Aqir serving as a former main RAF station in Palestine.
Nuclear weapons storage facilities on or in direct vincinity of the base.
IAF strike units capable of delivering nuclear payloads assigned here maintaining a high alert and readiness posture.
- 69 sqn (F-15E strike)
- 106 and 133 sqn (both F-15E strike)
- 601 Flight Test Center (F-15E, F-16A/B/C/D)
- 114 and 118 sn (both CH-53-2000)
Also located at Tel Nov are several Israeli Defense Force (army) units:
- Unit 669 (airborne combat search and rescue)
- Paratroopers training center
- Airborne Security Det. responsible for the special ammo storage security
IAF web http://www.iaf.org.il/2381-he/IAF.aspx
Please insert the security code.
Search for IAF Tel Nov